Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween Edition of Favorite Hockey Memes

Happy Halloween everybody! I thought I would share a new round of favorite hockey-related memes. I also thought with everything going on today, maybe something light or funny is definitely needed.

**Disclaimer--I found these memes on social media (various hockey groups on Facebook, #hockeymemes on IG, etc.) and on internet searches.**


Just waiting for the start of the 2020-21 NHL season....





I wish this meme was a joke...it was announced on Friday (October 30) that the Ontario Sports Minister is banning body checking for the 2020-21 season...



Pretty much how the majority of NHL fans felt upon hearing the news that Doc Emrick from NHL on NBC and NBCSN announced his retirement. 


I don't know who made this, but I found this shortly after Henrik Lundqvist signed a 1-year-deal with the Washington Capitals as a free agent.


I had to laugh at these meme I found on Instagram after Joe Thornton signed with the Maple Leafs

Oh, all the conspiracy theories after the New York Rangers were awarded the 1st overall draft pick in the 2020 NHL draft after having been eliminated in the "play in" round of the playoffs...


I got a good laugh out of this one when the NHL resumed play in the bubbles and no fans were allowed to watch games. 


Sources:

Facebook (Hockey Memes)

Instagram



No comments:

Being Wrong About Filip Gustavsson

  Back in October, right at the start of the 2022-2023 NHL season, I wrote about Filip Gustavsson, his joining the Wild, and whether or not ...